New & Noteworthy
Dear Parents, Guardians and Students of Oquirrh Hills Middle School,
The 2019-2020 school year is off to a great start. Faculty, staff and administrators have been impressed by the outstanding students and parents we are privileged to work with. Thank you for your continued support of your student's educational experience.
We have several events coming up that we hope you will put on your calendars. Please make note of the following:
- Midterms are this Friday, September 20. Midterm grades will be posted to Skyward that evening and a hard copy will be coming home with your student on Friday.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences are Wednesday, September 25 from 4:00-8:00 p.m., and Thursday, September 26 from 4:00-7:30 p.m. We hope to see you here.
- In conjunction with Parent/Teacher Conferences, the Counseling Center will be offering a Parent University presentation: "Keys to Middle School Success" at 6:00 p.m. in the auditorium.
- If you and your family need flu shots, CNS will be at Oquirrh Hills Middle School on Wednesday, September 25 from 3:30-7:30 p.m., and Thursday, September 26 from 3:30-6:30 p.m. Most insurances are accepted with no Copay. Reduced and no-cost vaccines are available if you are uninsured or unable to pay.
- Riverton City and Riverton High are sponsoring "Live in Real Life: Finding Real Happiness", which will be held at Riverton High on Monday, September 30. Doors open at 6:30, with the event beginning at 7:00. Prizes will be given away, and booths are going to be set up in the commons after the presentation. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
We hope to see you at these events and look forward to the coming months that will include many events, festivities and celebrations that will include all our patrons here at OHMS.
Donna Hunter, Principal
School Community Council Meeting 9/19/19
Hope Squad Wants You!
Hope squad is looking for members. Click here to view the hope squad page, access the form, and learn more about this great student group.
Reality Town is coming
Our Reality Town experience is coming soon. Click here for the Reality Town Career Form and come back for more Reality Town news soon.
It's Reflections Time
It is time for the yearly reflections contest. This years theme is "Look Inside" Please see this Reflections 2019 Flyer for more information. Students who wish to enter the contest will need to download the Reflections Entry Form. This form has been partially filled out by our PTA with essential information. Students can mail either of the two email addresses on the entry form for additional help.
All reflections contest entries are due OCTOBER 18th.
- The Utah Scholars Initiative is a high-impact academic program intended to motivate students to complete a defined curriculum while in high school to better prepare for college. Click here to learn more about UTAH SCHOLARS
- Click here to get some great help for your middle school student!
- Fight The New Drug - To learn more Click here
- Online Education??? Click here to learn more about online education opportunities offered through Jordan School District.