What is a School Community Council (SCC)?
Oquirrh Hills Middle School has an active School Community Council which consists of parents, school staff, the PTSA president, and the principal. School employees are elected and all parents wishing to participate have been allowed to serve on the SCC. (see list below)
Four SCC meetings are held each year on Wednesdays at 5:30 PM. The SCC participates in the development of our school improvement plan, the professional staff development plan, and approves the land trust budget each year. In addition the SCC develops a child access routing plan which includes safe walking routes to school from each neighborhood within school boundaries.
The SCC provides a forum for community discussion of school-related concerns and encourages citizens to express their views about educational issues. SCC information is available on this website. Upcoming meetings will be announced on our community bulletin board and our website. We encourage any interested persons from the community to join us. We value your input. Together we can make a stronger school.
To join our school community council please download and fill out this form. Members serve for a two years term. Any current member wishing to serve an additional term must use this form and be re-elected. There are training session being offered in October and November open to all current or new SCC members. Training Schedule
Meetings are at Oquirrh Hills Middle School in the Main Office Board Room.
Upcoming meetings: (a detailed agenda will be posted on this page approx. one week before the meeting)
- There are no meeting scheduled for the remainder of the 2019 - 2020 school year.
Presentation from March 2020 meeting
- SCC Meeting Minutes Mar 29, 2020
- SCC Meeting Minutes Jan, 29 2020
- SCC Presentation Jan, 29 2020
- SCC Meeting Minutes Nov, 19 2019
- SCC Presentation Nov, 19 2019
- SCC Meeting Minutes Sept 18, 2019
- SCC Presentation Sept, 2019
- SCC Meeting Minutes March 28 2019
- SCC Meeting Minutes January 10 2019
- SCC Meeting Minutes November 2018
- SCC Meeting Minutes September 2018
- Rules of Order
- SCC Requirements for School Websites