Oquirrh Hills Middle School has an active School Community Council which consists of parents, school staff, the PTSA president, and the principal. School employees are elected and all parents wishing to participate have been allowed to serve on the SCC.
Four SCC meetings are held each year usually on Thursdays at 5:30 PM. The SCC participates in the development of our school improvement plan, the professional staff development plan, and approves the land trust budget each year. In addition the SCC develops a child access routing plan which includes safe walking routes to school from each neighborhood within school boundaries. The SCC is responsible for developing "Space Available" guidelines which provide a fair and equitable system to select which ineligible students are awarded "space available" bus passes.
The SCC is responsible for coordinating the fundraising activities of OHMS. The SCC provides a forum for community discussion of school related concerns and encourages citizens to express their views about educational issues. SCC information is available on this website. Upcoming meetings will be announced on our marquee and on our community bulletin board. We encourage any interested persons to join us. We value your input. Together we can make a stronger school.
- November 2, 2019
- January 10, 2019
- March 28, 2019
- Meetings are at Oquirrh Hills Middle School in the Main Office Board Room.
- Click here for a copy of the November 10th agenda
- Click here to read the minutes from the Nov. 2018 Community Council
- Click here to read the minutes from the Sept. 2018 Community Council
- Trust Lands Budget Summary 2017-18
- Trust Lands budget 2017-2018
- Trustlands Budget 2013-14
- Trustlands Budget 2012-13
- 2018-19 School Community Council Members
- Utah School Community Law (click here)